A Private Island Escape
Four Seasons Bora Bora announced in February that the resort is being made available for complete buyouts. In other words, some lucky guest can reserve the entire property and make it their own private island for a week. And by “lucky,” we mean $1 million lucky. Yep, a million U.S. dollars – that’s the price tag on their buyout package. Talk about the ultimate vacation! It got us thinking… what price would you pay for paradise?
Meet Motu Teta, “Your Dream Island”
While you might not need an entire luxury resort to yourself, you can still enjoy your own private island in Tahiti. Motu Teta (short for Motu Tetaraire) is a secluded islet located in the distant atoll of Rangiroa, about an hour and a half away by boat from the airport. The island, available exclusively for private rentals, features a well-appointed villa and guesthouse and can accommodate up to 6 adults (or a max of 10 people including children).
Here’s what makes Motu Teta so unique:
- You’re the only one on the island during your stay, meaning you’ll enjoy 9 private acres of land all to yourself. This unparalleled type of seclusion allows for the ultimate in relaxation.
- It has maintained an untouched exclusivity that you won’t encounter anywhere else. You’ll find yourself somewhere that only a handful of people have seen before you, and few people will ever experience after you.
- It’s the perfect Polynesian oasis. The main villa and guest residence are built in a classic Tahitian style with hardwood floors and open-air windows, allowing the South Pacific breeze to pervade the entire house. The rooms are beautifully decorated with traditional art and filled with fragrant, tropical flowers from the island.
- It’s a treat for your taste buds. Your private chef will work with you to create a custom menu of French cuisine and fresh fish, typically caught within minutes of your meal. Or you can even catch it yourself! You’ll also enjoy fine wines from the island’s ample collection. Whatever your cuisine and beverage preference, they can arrange to have it ready when you arrive.
- There are endless ways to stay active. Whether snorkeling, boating, kayaking or windsurfing, your personal excursion guide is happy to arrange your daily activities. If you’d rather relax on the beach, you can lounge on your private veranda and enjoy unobstructed views of the lagoon. Bathing suit optional!
- It makes for an unforgettable experience. Watch as one of the staff fearlessly fetches a shark out of the water, giving you the chance to take a few pictures before they toss it back. Or go lobster hunting at night with only a lantern to light your way. Whatever you catch, you can enjoy the next day!
Does this sound like your type of vacation? Check out our private island package. You can experience 7 nights in complete seclusion on Motu Teta starting at $26,000 for 2 guests or $32,000 for up to 6 guests. This means that each person would only pay $760 per night! Pretty affordable for a private island getaway, right? And don’t forget, everything is included – all meals and beverages including premium liquors; daily excursions organized specifically for you based on your preferred schedule; and use of all sporting equipment including several boats, kayaks, water skis and more.
A Priceless Paradise
While we know it would be incredible to have your own private island for a week, we also believe you can’t put a price on paradise. Whatever your idea of the perfect island getaway, Tahiti has something for everyone. Trust us, there are so many ways to feel like you’re the only person there! Whether enjoying a private motu picnic on a sandy islet or lounging on isolated beaches, you’ll easily find your own secluded piece of paradise.